Tuesday 4 January 2011

My very own start up story.....


Created June 2010..

To set up my own card & graphic design business was always something on my ‘to do list’, but so were many other things. I was constantly looking at the cost of personalised invitations and cards, and thinking “I can do that” – and for a lot less than the sites I had researched; and as a qualified graphic designer I was producing leaflets and flyers on day-to-day-basis for business, and knew the industry inside out… why wasn’t I doing this for myself?

Suddenly I turned a corner in my life, when my daughter was at school and I probably needed her more than she needed me, and was left with time on my hands… In a whirlwind of about 2 months I had enquired to Citizens Advice about the best way of setting up a business and they put me in touch with Salford Hundred venture. After an introductory session, a one-to-one and the Aspire course, colourwheel creative – my very own graphic design business venture was born!


Aspire not only gave me the information on all areas of business that I needed, but gave me the support and confidence to believe that actually, yes, I can do this! I came joint second in the Aspire competition which gave me the finance to create a website which is a key tool to my business; along with the printing of some support literature.

I am sure colourwheel creative would have been born ‘one day’ but it would have taken me a lot longer to get there. With the support of Salford Hundred Venture, and the money from Aspire, colourwheel creative has been launched…and although that’s been ticked off my to do list, about thirty more things have been added to it!!


Michelle Wright
colourwheel creative
info@colourwheelcreative.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment