Sunday 22 May 2011

A community project focus...

I usually use my blog to talk about things that are happening in the world of colourwheel or insights into my clients businesses. On this occasion I want to make an exception to my own rules and let you see the work of a very talented lady who has given up her own time for a school/ community competition which took place in the Three Counties Showground in Malvern a few weeks ago..







Jo Williams from Muddy Puddle Crafts says: “All local schools were given a bench and the theme 'Biodiversity'. I have painted it with a group of 14 children chosen from all year groups aged 4-11. The school is small, only 75 ish pupils, set in rural Herefordshire with farming all around us. Our bench represents the theme by being a slice of a Rapeseed field which is a bio fuel crop. The underside and legs shows a group of worms working in the underground compost system. The seat shows insects and small mammals enjoying the habitat of the margin (edge of the field) which the farmer has left. The back shows the rapeseed in full bloom against a bright spring sky which is a sight all pupils see on their journey to school.


In terms of community work I have done many creative things at my kids school but none elsewhere. I've co-ordinated things from Christmas crafts to murals for the toilet walls!”

I thought this project was fantastic and it’s so nice to see small businesses doing something for their local communities. I hope you all agree that Jo is very talented and will all check out her business Muddy Puddle Crafts to see what other work she is involved in: www.muddypuddlecrafts.com

Find Muddy Puddle Crafts on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Muddy-Puddle-Crafts/115187628517227









1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for this post & your kind words, blush, blush! :)

    ReplyDelete